Artificial Intelligence, AI, robos – conjure fear in many advisers, and rightfully so, as they think they’ll be losing their living.
The best tech is used when a human is involved; they work better in harmony. Progressive advisers are now using advanced thinking tech in many ways:
- Using AI to organise the repetitive task of scheduling meetings
- Improving their self-development by using AI to trawl the web for useful and relevant information
- Using transcribing AI to record meetings with clients and turn them into notes
- Using YouTube AI to subtitle videos
- Trawling social media for client comments and brand value
- Using software to listen to adviser calls and to offer coaching
The one I see very close is virtual reality. Yes, I’m talking geeky headsets and gamers fighting aliens. VR will become ubiquitous before you know. Here’s how the slow creep will accelerate. We need to know this so we can plan for it now.
Your customer, you and millions of others will purchase VR headsets, beautifully created by Apple or other design-conscious entities. You’ll simply hook this up to your advanced Smartphone and tap an app to speak to a client, just like using WhatsApp. You’ll pre-select your venue surroundings with templates – office, park, front room. You’ll have your avatar already on the system, and this will be remarkably lifelike, you in a computer design, not like something out of Half-Life. In seconds you’ll appear in front of your client and can communicate as you were face to face.
This will be a game-changer for you; it’ll revolutionise your work. No need for offices, cars, meeting rooms, travelling, geography restrictions. Just imagine the new boundaries.
It will happen, on a timescale sooner than you think. Bill Gates once said “we always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction”