Its often said that first impressions last longest and one of the first things we see about people is their face. More precisely, their resting face.
Politicians, in the 2019 General Election campaign had to be very careful of this as photographers caught them off guard and captured them when their face was resting. Here are my observations of resting faces:
- Dominic Cummings has an angry face
- Priti Patel has a smug one
- Boris Johnson has a smiley one
- Jeremy Corbin has a pensive one
- Nicola Sturgeon has a grim face
- Jo Swinson had a pained one
- Sir Keir Starmer has a robust look, like James Bond – he’s probably read this email.
What’s yours? If you don’t know, ask someone close to you, but bear in mind most people will see your resting face way before you turn it into your preferred one. And first impressions last.
And this is particularly accentuated when on Zoom or Teams calls because that’s all you see except nostril hair when people use poorly positioned laptops.