10 Reminders if you’re having to carry on working from home and you don’t like it.
- Schedule your working day.
- BANJO – bang a nasty job off – first. Chunk your activities.
- Close the door, remove distractions.
- Turn off the TV or BBC website for news updates
- Deal with personal emails and issues later
- Chunk tasks to last 45 minutes or so – that includes meetings
- Don’t book back to back video meetings – space them out
- Alternate passive and active tasks to add variety
- Have your lunch outside or elsewhere
- Clear your desk overnight and write your “to do “ list the night before.
Paul Archer is a financial services specialist. He has worked with clients in the UK and worldwide in developing their knowledge and skills. He has worked with companies in the UK, USA, Europe, Middle East, India and the Far East sharing best practice from the UK – arguably the most developed and most competitive services sector in the world. He has 35 years of business experience, working with banks, building societies, insurers and brokers. For the last 19 years, he has managed his own training business. Level 4 qualified and holds the mortgage adviser certificates and speaks regularly for the Society of Mortgage Professionals on mortgage-related sales and technical topics and works regularly for the Chartered Insurance Institute delivering technical and skills workshops.
View all posts by: Paul Archer